Monday, April 20

Create a Scene



Hello Monday my friends! I hope this finds you and your loved ones in good health. 
This week, our challenge to you is to CREATE A SCENE for our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

I chose to create an underwater scene for my project. I know it will be awhile before I can travel to the ocean, and I do miss it. 

UNDER THE SEA



I am using one of my empty wood embellishment boxes for my project. I started by painting it a deep turquoise. 


I mixed in Purple and Emerald, and also used these paints on the chipboard pieces. I am turning these plants into kelp and seaweed. 


I wanted to add lots of background texture, so I scribbled in designs with the VersaMarker, then added a mix of Chunky Rust and Lapis Lazuli. I heated up the embossed areas, and spooned in more of the mixture to get these wonderful raised areas. I love those pops of gold!


I also added a bit of embossing to the chipboard with Burmese Jade. 


I stamped these cute fish onto some of the Stamperia Sea World paper I was using. Ooh, love that texture!


I stamped and colored a school of these fun fish by Gwen Lafleur using colored pencils and bristol paper. It was a very mindful activity.


I tried to layer the fish at different levels to create some depth to my piece. 



Look for little hidden treasures live this old diving helmet...



I can't visit the ocean right now, but I can dream about it, right?


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have enjoyed my little underwater scene, and will create your own scene to share with us this week! Take care!

Please Note:
As you may know, the  Simon Says Stamp Store is accepting new orders, but have longer shipping times for the moment due to the coronavirus. With this in mind we have made the difficult decision to suspend the $50 voucher for this challenge.

We know that many people are staying safe at home and we would love it if you would continue to enter the challenges and have fun! We are all in this together! 

SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                 
                                        
A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge for our challenge,  and #sssunitedwecraft to share crafty moments with family and friends.



The design team has created some beautiful scenes, so be sure to head on over to check them out!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest