Monday, April 13

"E" is for Earth and Earth Day!



Hello Monday my friends! I hope this finds you well. This week our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  is "E" is for? ... and I chose to have E stand for Earth. 

After all, Earth Day is celebrating 50 years on April 20th!! 50 years ago on that day, I was walking with my fellow students for the Earth. I know that day made me much more aware of the earth and environment, and I have been striving to help the earth in whatever small ways that I can, ever since. That may have even led me towards teaching Earth Science for many years. Yes, the earth has always been an integral part of my psyche and helps keep me grounded. So...Happy Earth Day!

When it comes to Mother Earth, we are always stronger together....


I headed to my Media Journal this week and found some empty pages to work with. On the canvas side, I stamped some images from Simon's Stronger Together stamp set, and Seth Apter's handprint stamp.


On the paper side, I adhered the earth and pocket watch top (Seth Apter) with gel medium to the page. The globe is an older Tim Holtz die, and you could use his newer Destination die instead.  I sprinkled on drops of Distress Resist Spray, and once it was all dry, I colored a rainbow over it all with Prima's water soluble oil pastels. I misted it, and rubbed the colors in.


Then, I took the lead stencil and connected the pages together with the leaves.


I sprayed on some Distress Oxide Sprays. 
Then, I added lots of Infusions to the rainbow side, and I just happened to mist a bit of the canvas and discovered it had picked up a lot of the powder. So, I misted the whole page and like it. 


Here you can see the misting and infusions. 


E stands for EARTH


What will you use to represent the letter E? I am curious and hope you will join in our challenge this week!

Please Note:
As you may know, the  Simon Says Stamp Store is accepting new orders, but have longer shipping times for the moment due to the coronavirus. With this in mind we have made the difficult decision to suspend the $50 voucher for this challenge.

We know that many people are staying safe at home and we would love it if you would continue to enter the challenges and have fun! We are all in this together! 

SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                 
                                        
 A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge, 
and also #sssunitedwecraft to share pictures of you crafting with your children, grands, pet, or even virtually


The design team is ready to share their letter E creations with you, so be sure to head on over to check it out!



4 comments:

  1. I love your earth day page Maura!! What a brilliant idea and perfect for this moment in time!! Clever girl ;-)

    Hope you have a good week!
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Maura and such a great theme for the challenge. I love your page with all the colors, the sentiments, leaves and stamping. I hope you will have a great week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fabulous pages with your gorgeous colors and amazing design!! Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a powerful message on your beautiful rainbow earth page, Maura - love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest