Monday, August 31

Oodles of Doodles




Hello Monday, my friends! We have a fun challenge for you this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - OODLES of DOODLES. I love to doodle and add designs, but this week I thought I would try stamping some images and then doodling them. 

Sadly, we have to say goodbye to the very talented Anne Redfern of Redanne, our August guest designer. I am sure you have enjoyed her beautiful creations as much as I have! I know we will be in touch on the web Anne, and I wish you the best. Thanks for joining us! 
 
JOYFUL BLOSSOMS


I have been waiting to start using the Dina Wakley white Media Journal, and I thought it would be perfect to try the watercolors on. The paper is wonderfully heavy and I love how it takes the watercolor.  I lightly misted the pages, then rolled some different colors across the page. 


It's very textured, so detailed stamps are not so easy to get a clear image with, but I kind of like the looseness here. Love the little ink pads for all these colors.


Next, I went in and doodled some of the flowers, using white, gold, and black pens.


Then, I decided I wanted to add in some leaves and another type of plant. 


Details...



My approach was fairly simple, but I love the way the colors move and blend, and the flower blossoms burst across the pages. Doodling adds another element and a new look. 

I hope you've enjoyed my art journal doodling, and are inspired to join us this week!
Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one of you. 





A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team has their doodle on this week, so be sure to check them out. 

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Maura! I love how you doodled on the flowers! Such a fun extra touch. And you also added a little butterfly. All the words look great too. The paper in the white journal is very heavy and textured. It is so fun seeing you create with Anna's Flowers and the Thoughtful Flowers. Thank you!! Have a wonderful week! The rain is pouring down here! Autumn has arrived...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest