Monday, October 5

Simon Says: Dry Emboss!

 




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, where this week we are all about DRY EMBOSSING. We are also showcasing the wonderful array of Tim Holtz products...I bet you have some in your stash! 

Welcome back to the amazingly talented Alison Bomber, our guest designer for October! It's so good to have you back with us, Alison, and I am really looking forward to your makes!

Somewhere in my travels on the web, I came across this idea to use stencils to emboss with, so I had to try it. They give a very subtle embossing to the paper, which I am sure has to do with the thickness of the stencil. I tried it with Simon's Floating Leaves stencil from the STAMPtember release. 

AUTUMN PRAYERS


As I practiced with the stencil and the Big Shot, I found I needed to add a shim to get a better emboss. I placed a thin piece of cardboard under the paper and ran it through the machine.


I rubbed over it with some Tim Holtz green distress inks and a bit of crackling campfire, then added some streaks of gold with Gilded Liquid watercolor.


I wanted to dress it up a bit, and since fall is upon us, I added in an array of twigs and leaves to tuck behind the sentiment. Then, I spritzed the card with Tim's Bronze Mica spray. 


I like to edge my pieces with brown, and used Tim's ground espresso (a fave of mine).


Fairly simple, but now I have a card to someone who needs some prayers.  And, I got to test out using a stencil to emboss with!


Happy Fall!! Come join us this week and try out some dry embossing, and add your Tim Holtz products to your make if you have them. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one of you!



A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to check out how the awesome design team is using dry embossing this week!


4 comments:

  1. So clever with the stencil embossing technique - those bronze-green leaves make the perfect background for the autumn gatherings. Lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgrous card Maura :-) I love how you used a stencil to emboss the design and the colours and leaves are beautiful :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card! I love the way you used the stencils to emboss the background, such a fabulous technique - thanks so much for sharing 😀. The autumnal leaves and colours are beautiful too! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job doing the embossing (I tried to do the same and failed!) I love the colors you've chosen and I am sure this card glows with the Mica spray! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest