Monday, November 30

Simon Says: Focus on Alcohol Inks



Hello Monday, my friends! Welcome to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - FOCUS ON ALCOHOL INKS. I don't know about you, but when I pull out my alcohol inks, I have a hard time making myself stop playing. So this week, I have not one, not two, but three cards for you!

This is Laura's last week with us, and it has been awesome having her with us as our guest designer! I wish you the very best, Laura, and know I will see you around the web.

ALCOHOL INK HOLIDAY CARDS


Card 1

I swiped strips of red across the Yupo paper.


Then, I added strips of green...love those Alcohol Pearls!


I added some blending solution and dripped on Gilded.


Then, I splattered on a bit more red once I dried the base. 


Detail...


I let the Yupo cards dry thoroughly before and after stamping, so I don't get smudging. Since I was stamping off the card, I added a sheet of copy underneath, and tacked the card into place.


I added some detail with a gold pen (pinecones) and wrapped the corners with the gorgeous velvet trim. 

RED, GREEN AND GOLD MERRY CHRISTMAS


Card 2 

I created the base with neutral colors, and used the blower to spread the ink across the Yupo.


Next, I added in areas of blue, and again used the blower to move the ink. If you compare this background with the first card, you can see that it is quite different. 


Card 3 

I used the regular alcohol inks and Gilded on this card. I love adding the Gilded onto the bright colors and watching it react. 


Cards 2 and 3

I added the Gilded to large bubble wrap, and then pressed that into my cards for a really neat textural layer. 


Card 3 also got some design tape and a metallic 3D Burst along with some ephemera. 



MERRY AND BRIGHT COLORFUL CHRISTMAS


I added in some detail again with the gold pen, and added the Warm Hugs die cut. 

WARM HUGS


I hope I've inspired you to join us this week, and have some fun with alcohol inks! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher. 



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to check out the amazing creations with alcohol inks by the design team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest