Monday, February 15

Add Some Texture



Hello Monday, my friends! Our new challenge for you this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is - ADD SOME TEXTURE. There are so many ways to add texture to your work, whether it is 2D or 3D, and lots of fun, so let's get started.

I'm liking the landscape format of the Dylusions Flip Book art journal, and wanted to play with a mix of texture, watercolor and images.  In the midst of our frigid winter, someone mentioned seeing a robin already, and I heard a bird song that was different from our usual winter birds. Maybe some of the storms are carrying them further north? I do love watching the birds flying over our fields.

FLY FREE


I started with a watercolor wash background, then added dimension and texture with the bird stencil and gold texture paste. (Note - I used Izink 3D Texture Paste, and the one in the links should give a similar effect.)


Before it dried completely, I sprinkled on distress powders and heated them.


Next, I used several stamps and co-ordinating ink colors to add in some marks and design.  Then I added some Pearlescent White watercolor, and a bit of violet.


I LOVE to stamp with bubblewrap! I applied the watercolor directly to the plastic and stamped. 


I used my new label maker to add "Fly Free", and added some shading around that and below the bird with a water soluble pencil. 


I decided to add another layer of gold texture paste in random areas again. I lined the stencil up over the first image. 
Lots of textures!



There is 2D texture in the layers of paints, stamps and marks, and 3D with the gold paste and embossing powders. I like how it turned out!

Now, it's your turn to add some texture and join us in this week's challenge! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one participant drawn at random. 





A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team are adding lots of texture to their makes this week - check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest