Monday, February 22

Simon Says: Anything but a Card!




Hello Monday, my friends! Welcome to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - ANYTHING BUT A CARD. Just think art journaling, home decor, tags, artist trading cards, etc...there's a lot of ways to make a wonderful project and share it with us!

This is Estelle's last week with us as guest designer. It's been wonderful having you with us, Estelle, and your makes have been awesome!! Hope to have you with us again soon. 

I decided to make a quartet of ATC's - Artist Trading Cards with an entomological theme - yep, bugs! 


I started out by blending these colors onto my papers with a mini blender.


Next, I did the spritz and flick with water onto the atc's, let it dry a bit, then blotted with a paper towel. 


I added some rusty hinge distress oxide and flicked some more water onto them.


Then, I stamped some texture on top with Simon's Olde Letter and Crackle background stamps.






I stamped the insects, words and images with Black ink next, then added some glossy accents to parts of the designs. I also used some Wink of Stella to add a bit of shimmer to other parts of the bodies.



I decided it would be fun to add some stitching around the ATC's too, so pulled out my sewing machine and added a bit more to them.


...and here's my buggy artist trading cards collection.


I hope you are inspired to join us this week in our Anything But a Card challenge! Come join the fun...one participant is drawn at random to win a $25 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp! Each week, members of our design team select projects to spotlight too!



A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Our design team has some great projects awaiting your viewing pleasure!

 

4 comments:

  1. These ATCs are fantastic Maura!! I love the background with all the colors and of course the crackle and old letter stamping. The partially stamped insects look wonderful and the stitching was the perfect finishing touch. I hope you will have a great week! / Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. great ATC's! I love the color and the stamping. Thank you for showing the step-outs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these fabulous ATCs, Maura. The colors on the background and those insects are so beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing ATCs! I love your designs, the colours and stamps look so amazing 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest