Monday, February 1

Love and Hearts

 



Hello Monday my friends, and welcome to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - HEARTS and/or LOVE...after all it is the month of love! We are also showcasing the wonderful products from Carabelle Studio, a favorite of mine.

Please join me in welcoming the talented Estelle Paulumbo of Autoscrap. I'm looking forward to your creations this month, and am so happy you have joined us as our guest designer!

OPPOSITES ATTRACT


I started with a pinkish palette of paints, stencils, a texture plate, and an envelope.


I blended paints through the stencil...


and used a large white envelope from the mail. 


I used a texture plate to print with...


and another stencil.  Now, I have several patterned papers to use for my background 


I cut one diagonally, and adhered to the flip journal.


Then, I started cutting and laying out different elements.  I had previously watercolored my animals, and also added watercolor to my bubble pattern. 


I added hand cut hearts, and hearts from Simon's Chunky Hearts die, colored in parts of the design in order to carry over the chameleon's colors.


What a story of love! A squirrel and chameleon madly in love...you never know when love might find you and who (or what) it might be.
I added some doodles and more coloring, and did a watercolor wash in the background. 


Pattern and doodle details...


Lots of pinks, lots of hearts...


I LOVE YOU MADLY


Now it's your turn to create something with hearts and love and join us in this week's challenge. I'm looking forward to your makes, and one of you will be drawn for a $25 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp!




A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Love and hearts abound in the design team's projects, so be sure to check them out!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun spread! The texture plate looks fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest