Monday, April 5

Layer it Up!



Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - LAYER IT. It's a new month which means we are showcasing the awesome array of products from the Professor, Tim Holtz that is! This means it is time for you to pull out your Tim Holtz goodies and play...or create a layered make with whatever you have.

I am excited to welcome back the amazingly talented Autumn Clark of SewPaperPaint for this month as our guest designer! If you have seen her work, you know what I mean, and if not, you are in for a treat. 

Do Small Things With Great Love


I went rather pink and feminine this week with my Etcetera tag. I started by mixing Kitsch Flamingo 
re-inker with Distress Crackle Texture paste. Then, I spread it onto the tag with the palette knife.


Once it dried and crackled, I rubbed in Ground Espresso distress crayon and wiped it back.


I added distress glaze to the engraving rose layer, and edged it with ground espresso.


I colored the vintage lady with distress crayons, and used a waterbrush to blend areas.


I added a mini flair - lucky - onto her lapel.


The top of the tag is finished off with some hand-dyed ribbon, and the Quote Flair.


I'm feeling like this tag is a breath of spring. 

Now it's your turn to create a lovely layered project to share with us! One participant is drawn at random every week for a $25 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp. Thanks for stopping by!





A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to check out the awesome layered makes by the design team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest