Monday, March 29

Spring is in the Air!




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - EASTER/SPRING. I chose to go for spring since I've started hearing some new bird songs around here lately, a sure sign of spring!

It has been such a pleasure having my good friend, Sandra Rupp, with us again this month. I am always in awe of her creative talent! It's been wonderful having you with us again, and I look forward to more of your awesome creativity. 

SPRING IS IN THE AIR!


I started by stamp the images for the design onto the watercolor paper. I love this new stamp set by Simon, it's perfect for coloring.


I did a background watercolor wash using Daniel Smith Phthalo Turquoise.


Then, I laid the Tim Holtz Doodle Art stencil over the watercolor, and wiped color off with a baby wipe. 


I used Tombow markers and a waterbrush to color the images.


Then, I added some Cracked Pistachio glaze, using the Simon Swirls and Dots stencil. The Tim Holtz Embossing marker works really well to get into the detailed areas.



The birds are chirping away and letting us know Spring is arriving...finally!!


...the early bird gets the worm...just not at my house yet, the ground is still frozen, soon though...
I doodled in a little worm and some ground.


I love seeing and hearing the birds come back in the Spring, and my card celebrates those moments.


Now it's your turn to create something in an Easter or Spring theme and join the fun this week. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one participant drawn at random.



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team has some lovely projects for you this week, so be sure to head on over to see them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest