Monday, May 24

Objet Trouve

 


Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to our latest challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - FRAME IT! All you have to do is add a frame to your make, how easy is that? 

I love the big bold butterfly from Tim Holtz, and it makes a gorgeous silhouette. I used a mini frame, so I used half of the butterfly...which means I have the other half for another project. Spring and summer are great times for found object discoveries.

OBJET TROUVE 


I started with the frame, so it could dry overnight to develop the crackle. I decided to add some to the background, forgetting how much would be covered by the frame, oh well, lesson learned. I also pressed in some micro beads for added texture.


crackle detail


Time to layer on the paint and glazes!


Background...



Frame with paints and glazes...I started with brown, then amber, then salvaged patina, and finished with glazes.


Details...


It's always fun to add in some gears to a grungy project, and I needed a small quote chip, so this works beautifully.


Butterfly details - I only used half, and the Simon Says Stamp Black card stock cut beautifully.


Et Voila! Here is my framed piece, which will make a nice home decor gift.


Now it's your turn to create a framed make and share it with us! We love seeing your creativity each week. One participant is drawn at random for a $25 voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp.


A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team has created some wonderful framed makes, so be sure to check them out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest