Monday, June 14

Beautiful Blooms

 



Hello Monday my friends! Our new challenge for you this week is BEAUTIFUL BLOOMS at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hopefully the flowers are blooming where you live. 

I am watching new ones emerge each week, and one of my favorite flowers is the DANDELION...I know, I know, you say that's a weed...but to me it is a lovely wildflower. I LOVE the bright yellow flowers that just pop against the green of the grass. And, I do love to pick up the seed head and blow those seeds everywhere, I have since I was little. My neighbors may not be happy with my love of the dandelion, but I live in the country, and so far, no one has come knocking at my door complaining. 

So, yes, I consider the dandelion to be a beautiful bloom...

BEAUTIFUL DANDELION BLOOMS


I headed to my art journal and started with a soft background using a stencil and just a few inks. Keeping it simple this week. 


I chose these girlfriends, and added a bit of similar color to each one...just a touch. 


I added some washi for them to sit on, cut a small slit where their hands are, and inserted the dandelions (made with Simon's Bright Yellow cardstock). Then, I added some glitzy yellow to make them pop. 


I stamped some dandelions on the facing page, and added the friendship quote. 


Aren't girlfriends a bit like dandelions? Bright and cheerful, a little wild and they keep popping up in our lives...yes, beautiful blooms are my girlfriends!


Our friendship means the world to me...


Here's to my gorgeous dandelion girls...you know who you are!


Come join us this week with our Beautiful Blooms challenge! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one of you. 




A GREAT place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to see all the beautiful blooms from the design team!


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous art journalling Maura! I love how you used the stamps and die from the card kit!! BEAUTIFUL!!

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest