Monday, July 12

Lazy Days of Summer



Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - LAZY DAYS OF SUMMER. How do you like to spend your summer days? One of my favorite pastimes is to read and travel on my imagination. When I was teaching, I didn't have much time to read during the school year, so summer was my time to pull out my horde of saved books and read. I'd take them camping, traveling, out on the deck, in the hammock under the pines...anywhere I could find a quiet spot to read. Can you tell I love books?


I started by stamping the background of the card.


Next, smoosh on some color...


Then, layer a stencil over it...


Add a bit of definition to the sun...


Color the reading gnome with distress inks and a waterbrush...


Add some glitter...


Why not take a journey through a book this summer?


Now it's your turn to create a make about the lazy days of summer and join us! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher drawn at random.



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Curious about how the design team spends lazy summer days? Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Super fun and love the pops of yellow and the cute little gnome!! So colorful and a great bookmark for summer reading and all year round!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest