Thursday, July 1

SASPC: Grand Finale


Hello steampunk friends! Welcome back to our challenge at Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenges, where we are all about steampunk and industrial mixed media. Once again, this will be a two month challenge, and you can enter up to five times. 

This is a bittersweet moment, as this will be our final challenge. We have been running these challenges since 2013, and I have been honored to be a part of this as a player, guest designer, and team member. What an amazing journey across the steampunk universe this has been! We invite you to be part of our Grand Finale and celebrate with us in our final act. 

I wanted to create something extra special for our final challenge, and when a friend gave me this bottle to alter, I knew I had my project. 

I think we are often jealous of those who can fly freely...birds, butterflies, angels...and wonder what it would be like to soar across the sky. Do you every imagine yourself flying high above the earth? These were my thoughts as I read the words on the bottle. 

I also imagined this bottle as a treasure discovered in the depths of the ocean and brought to light...covered with crusty barnacles and rusted. Let your imagination soar and come join us!




I began my project by pouring fluid acrylic paint inside the bottle and swirling it around. I repeatedly swirled the paint as it dried (and it took a very long time). I like how the light comes through it.  Then, I started to adhere Boozybear chipboard pieces to the surface with heavy gel. After adding many layers of chipboard, gears, bubbles, etc. I was happy with the way it looked. Once dry, I dribbled some paint down it, then added detail with waxes.

 

Lots and lots of rusty, crusty details...








This was a joy to create, and I am so happy to share it with you as my final project. I wanted something special to inspire you. 

I will be looking forward to seeing the creations you share with us in the challenge, and wish you an amazing creative journey forward! Keep those cogs and gears of creativity turning!

Hugs, Maura

We are so grateful to our sponsors, Glenda at Boozybear chipboard and DecoArt, especially through these past difficult months. Many, many thanks!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest