Monday, August 30

Glimmer and Sparkle



Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to this week's challenge - GLIMMER AND SPARKLE at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

We have loved having the very talented Anne Redfern with us this month! She is always sharing beautiful makes, so stay in touch with her. 

ENJOY TODAY!

We've had a few cool days and brisk nights lately, and I've begun to notice some of the leaves changing color., which inspired me to make this card. Plus, I had just received the new dies and embossing folders from Tim Holtz's fall release.


I used a mix of Distress Oxide inks, and did some smooshing on my craft mat, using watercolor paper.


I added Mica sprays and stains, copper ink, and dark splatter to build up layers of color I could use for my leaves.




As I played, I added in more colors, like purple.


Next, I used my papers to die cut and emboss the leaves - love it!



Added in an insect which I went over with Wink of Stella, and some words, popped up some leaves, and the card is done.


I hope your day is beautiful wherever you are, and you get out and enjoy it!


Now it's your turn to get out your glimmery and sparkly things and join the fun! One lucky person will win a $25 shopping voucher from out generous friends at Simon Says Stamp!



Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team has their sparkle on, so be sure to check out their awesome makes!


2 comments:

  1. Love this autumnal/fall card Maura, beautiful colors and the glimmer is fabulous! :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lols! Have a lovely week too! Maura

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest