Monday, September 6

Simon Says: STAMPTEMBER!




 

Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, and STAMPTEMBER, Simon's month long stamping party! Out theme for this week is Stamptember/Stamp It. 

Please join me in welcoming Suzanne who is our guest designer for September. Welcome Suzanne!

SUNFLOWER LOVE


Here is the inspiration from our garden...


I started my slimline card with a stencil and distress oxide inks. I'm using the new blending brush from the Stamptember release, and it is a luscious blending tool. I feel like it gives a very rich blend to the inks.


I watercolored sunflowers from the Simon Says Stamp September Card Kit, added ink splatters, and gold pen. 


Now, I had to get really creative with the LOVE Hot Foil plate I was sent to work with, since I have to hot foiling tools. I tried several ideas out, and the one that worked best, was inking the metal plate up and using it like a stamp. I am sure it would be gorgeous in metallic foil. Sometimes, you just have to think outside the box to come up with a solution.



I added a Funky Insect. Lately, the dragonflies and damselflies have been visiting out garden.


Our Jerusalem Artichokes, or Sunchokes are in the background, along with some sunflowers.  I thought that was the perfect backdrop.

Now it's your turn to come join the STAMPTEMBER party and share something you've stamped with us! Also, there are so many fun events going on this month at Simon Says Stamp, you will want to check their site often. Our generous friends are offering a $25 shopping voucher, so be sure to play.



A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge

The design team has some amazing makes to share with you this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest