Monday, August 9

Heat Embossing

 



Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to our newest challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - HEAT EMBOSSING. Get out your powders and potions and heat tool and join us.

WELCOME BACK TO OUR TEAMIE ANDREA!! We are thrilled to have you back with us again!!

I made an ATC with a buggy theme...the bugs have been out and biting lately, so this was likely my inspiration.


I started by sponging on the two inks, then did some smooshing with them too on the craft sheet.


Next, I stamped the images onto the ATC, and edged the card with black ink.


Then, I embossed with Emerald Creek and Seth Apter's Vintage Beeswax embossing powder. I love the encaustic look this gives. I added a second layer of embossing powder, and to this I sprinkled in some microbeads. The powder as it melts, holds them in place. I like the added bit of texture these give.  


Here's my faux encaustic beetle, made easy with the Vintage Beeswax embossing powder! 

 

Now it's your turn! Come join the fun, and you might be the one selected for a $25 shopping  voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp! Or, you might be in the spotlight! 




 A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to check out the creative ways the design team is heat embossing this week. 


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous ATC Maura :-) the little insect is fabulous and I love the background and colors, beautifully done :-)

    Hope you have a great day!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest