Monday, November 1

Any Holiday Occasion



Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to our latest challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - ANY HOLIDAY OCCASION. We are highlighting the wonderful products from VISIBLE IMAGE this week, so if you have any, we would love to see them.

Please join me in welcoming Laura Cassina as our November guest designer! I know you will enjoy her beautiful style.

I chose for my holiday WINTER SOLSTICE. I do love the change of the seasons (even though I am not really looking forward to cold and dark), and for me, the winter solstice is the beginning of the winter holiday season. It's the shortest day and longest night, and marks the turning point for the lengthening of the days. I like keeping that in mind when winter gets to me.

"Let your intuition guide you through the darkness"


I began by spraying the background. I used the holiday Mica Sprays on the Dina Wakley Media Journal. I laid papers under each page so that it wouldn't affect any other pages.


What a gorgeous sparkly background!


Once the background was dry, I added in a few silver snowflakes. They are very subtle.



I stamped the images for my page, and added some metallic watercolor over them. (In the supplies, you will see the Zig metallics which are similar) The night owl reminds me of the dark winter nights.


As I was placing my images, I wanted the owl to go across both pages, so cut the image and left a space inbetween. You have to check to see if your book will close and adjust as needed. I popped this image up.



I stamped "winter solstice" across the bottom, and my pages are complete.


Happy Winter Solstice!


Now it's your turn to create and share with us! We would love to see your Visible Image products if you have them, but you can use anything to do your Any Holiday Occasion make. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher!



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to check out the creative inspiration by the design team this week.
Have a lovely and creative week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest