Monday, November 8

Thankful




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - THANKS/THANKSGIVING. Here in the U.S. Thanksgiving is approaching at the end of this month, and it has always been one of my favorite holidays with it's focus on family and gratitude. 

THANKFUL PUMPKIN SPICE KITTY


I began with a folded card from Hero Arts and layered on some Photoplay papers. I do love plaids, and the fall colors are beautiful.


I decided to create a smooshed ink background and then stamp my images onto that. I like using watercolor paper because of how well it holds the wet inks. I started with the orange and yellow inks.


Then, I added in a touch of the new Villainous Potion.


Once the images were stamped and fussy cut, I added more detail with a gold pen and markers.


Pumpkin Spice Kitty closeup


I decided I needed a bit of orange with the red plaid I had chosen, so wiped my clean up cloth over it. Enough ink transferred to add a touch of color.


I added splatters of white and villainous potion, velvet ribbon, and black enamel dots to finish the card.


I am thankful for much this year, including pumpkin spice coffee, lol! Celebrate Thanksgiving with us, or share what you are thankful for and join the challenge this week. We love to spotlight our favorites, and our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one participant, which could be you!



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


We are all thankful for our opportunities to create for you and the support of Simon Says Stamp. Be sure to check out the wonderful makes from the team this week.


 

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet card Maura! I love that background that you created and the extra touches with gold and markers. I hope you will have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest