Monday, November 15

Funky Trees!




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - TREES. 
I am a huge fan of trees, and my early career was in forestry. Trees have always been a part of my life, from climbing them as a kid, to planting trees, to watching them change through the seasons. I had lots of ideas for this week's challenge with trees, and decided to have some fun with the Tim Holtz Funky Trees.

JOLLY FUNKY TREES


I began with a stenciled background. Since I am using more than one color, I found it helpful to tape the stencil in place so it wouldn't shift. 


Isn't Simon's geometric snowflake stencil pretty?


I thought bright green trees would be fun against this background. Kind of reminds me of Dr. Seuss.


After the trees were adhered, I sprinkled on some shaved ice to add to the winter feeling.


I punched out some silver circles to add as ornaments.



Final step was to add some velvet ribbon and the stitched quote. I used a stamp from the Tim Holtz Stamptember 2021 for the words, and villainous potion oxide ink.


Why not have some fun with trees this week in any style from funky to natural?


Now it's your turn to create and share. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one participant, and we love to spotlight our faves.



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge

Be sure to check out all the gorgeous trees from the design team.


 

1 comment:

  1. How fun Maura! The trees are so funky! I hope you will have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest