Monday, February 28

Simon Says: Use at Least One Stencil




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - USE AT LEAST ONE STENCIL.  I've used three stencils on my art journal pages.

We've had a wonderful month with our guest designer Susan of SusanBCards. I know you've enjoyed her creative work as much as I have. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work Susan!

POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE GROWTH


First layer of the page - pink bubbles! with the In the Round stencil by Simon Says Stamp and the Sweets Pawsitively Saturated ink. 


Next up, a layer of Pearfection and Ocean inks with the Flora stencil. 


Here it is with all the inked layers...


Next up, paints! I used a mixture of the greens with the Leaves stencil and mask. On the right and bright side, I used the stencil to create the positive leaves. On the left side, I used the mask to create a negative version of the leaves. Then, I added a few bubbles on top with the Eggplant paint.


Side by side...


Next, I outlined the leaves with a black pen, and inked the edges of the pages with black ink. Final step was to add the words Grow Happy Memories.


"Negative" side...


"Positive" side...


Light and Dark, Positive and Negative...each balances the other.


Now, it's your turn! Come join us this week and use at least one stencil in your make. Fame and fortune await you! - Our design team loves to spotlight our favorites, and our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one person drawn at random. 



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Head on over to see the wonderful makes by the design team this week!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest