Monday, March 7

Simon Says: Add Some Green



Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - ADD SOME GREEN. Green has me thinking of spring and St. Patrick's Day, and is my favorite color. I headed to my art journal again this week. We are also spotlighting the fabulous products from AALL & Create, so if you have any, we would love to see them. 

Please join me in giving a warm welcome to our guest designer this month - Deborah Emmons of DesigningDiva_73! Looking forward to a creative month with you Deborah.

FOLIAGE

I began with a bit of stamping and ink smooshing on watercolor paper.


On my journal page, I added in strips of green patterned papers.


Then, blended paints over the papers.


Next up, a bit of stenciling...


Then a layer of green paint rubbed in.


A bit more stenciling with blue this time.


Then, it was just a matter of fussy cutting, a bit more stamping and stenciling, paint and some green washi tape. Well, I guess I added more than "some" green, but why not?!


Now it's your turn. Come join the fun this week, use your AALL & Create if you have it. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 voucher to shop at their fabulous store!


SUPPLIES:

 

A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Head on over to see how the design team is using green this week, 
and have a wonderful, creative week! Maura


 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous project Maura! I really like the textures and all the shades of green, and those patterned papers in the background. I hope you will have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest