Monday, May 30

Up in the Air on the Flying Fish!



 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Not a Card Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

It's been fabulous having Ann  Chuang  with us for the month of May! I've enjoyed each of your gorgeous makes, and hope to see you soon.

This week the challenge is: Up in the Air

I was inspired to create a hot air balloon spread for my art journal this week.When I saw this fish stamp, I imagined it as a hot air balloon. 

THE FLYING FISH


I began with a watercolor background. I made very wet layers of color, then sprinkled salt on it and set it aside to dry. 


In the meantime, I stamped my images, colored them, and put them together into my fish themed hot air balloon.


Detail after the salt was removed - I love that texture!


Then, I added collage bits from stamped images and remnant rubs on the background. 


I stenciled around the watercolor with distress ink and Simon's Mermaid Scales stencil (in line with the flying fish theme).


Details....





As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 

Supplies:

Carabelle Studio "L'espoir d'un poisson" stamp set

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Inquisiitive

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Field Notes

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Remnants

Daniel Smith Watercolor -  Phthalo Turquoise

                                              Daniel Smith Watercolor -  Quinacridon Purple

                                                Daniel Smith Watercolor -   Quinacridone Gold

Simon Says Stamp Mermaid Scales stencil

Simon Says Stamp Black dye ink

Simon Says Stamp #120 white cardstock

Canson watercolor paper

Studio Katia foam tape

scissors

Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs Eccentric

Tim Holtz Ground Espresso Distress Oxide

Ranger/Tim Holtz mini blender

watercolor brush

Prismacolor colored pencils

3m Adhesive


                                            So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous make! Loving that background with the sea salt - amazing 😀. I hope you are keeping well! Wishing you a happy June! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest