Monday, June 6

Bright and Cheerful with Katzelkraft


 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Up in the Air  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too

This week the challenge is: Bright and Cheerful

                        We are spotlighting the fabulous products from Katzelkraft this week! 

Please join me in welcoming back Alison Bomber as our guest designer this month!  We love the wonderful creative style Alison shares. 


My sister's dog, Bella, just graduated from dog obedience training (with a "needs to practice", LOL) so I thought I would make Bella a card to congratulate her and my sister.  She is a bit of a mischief maker and has learned to take things off the counters and get in areas she shouldn't, but we love her! Sometimes when I see her in the sunshine, she looks almost purple to me. So, Congratulations Bella from your Auntie Maura!


BE BRAVE!    


I have to keep my makes fairly simple while my eye continues to heal, but I can sure have some fun with color, and Simon's Pawsitively Saturated inks are great for this.

I taped the stencil down over the slimline card onto my media mat and chose my colors.


Simon's blending brushes work beautifully for the stenciling, I may just have to buy the whole set one of these days.


A lovely blend of bright and cheerful colors...


I stamped Booly from Katselkraft onto heavy stock paper, and used Tombow markers and a water brush to color her. To make the dog more feminine, I found a flower gem in my stash and attached that to her pink bowler hat. Aww, look at those big eyes!


I had to read this quote from Katselkraft a couple of times to get it, but it does seem to fit perfectly here. And, I can definitely apply it to myself too...for example, when I learn a new art technique,, at first it is not good enough for me, but as I practice, I improve.


I layered the quote on bright cardstock, and popped the pup up a bit on the card. Now all that is left is to write my note to Bella!


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 

Supplies:

Katzelkraft Booly stamp

Katzelkraft Be Brave stamp

sSimon Says Stamp Geometric Snowflake stencil

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks - Sunbeam 

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks - Peachy

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks - Surf

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks - Sweets

Simon Says Stamp #120 white cardstock 

Simon Says Stamp Doll Pink cardstock

Simon Says Stamp Sunshine cardstock 

Simon Says Stamp Blending Brushes

 Photoplay #9 Slim Card 

Tim Holtz Mini Snips

Waterbrush

Tombow Markers

Studio Katia Foam Tape

Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat

Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer

Gem Flower


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too

 

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest