Monday, August 1

Happy 12th Birthday to Us!


 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Back to School hallenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too. We are showcasing the wonderful products of Dina Wakley, so if you have them, we would love to see hem!

Please join me in welcoming the very talented Estelle Palumbo aka Autoscrap  who is our guest designer for August. Welcome Estelle!

This week the challenge is: 

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY

 

It is the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge 12th birthday! Come join the party!

I decided to head to my art journal to celebrate our 12th, rather than make a card. 


I forgot how much fun I have creating like this with layers of papers and color! I thoroughly enjoyed creating my pages. I began with images from Dina's Collage Collection and a variety of collage papers, and adhered them with collage medium.


Next, I chose Dina paints that worked well with the collage paper colors and blended them in with the papers.


Then, I added another layer of color using Dina's Scribble Sticks.


My birthday gal there doesn't look too happy, so I added a party hat. Maybe she is just exhausted after the partly, lol. I used big bold numbers in black to stamp out on the very colorful background. More collage images in black add a bold note to the pages, and I added some text.


Details...





Yes, I like to celebrate with color! How do you like to celebrate?




Since it's our birthday,  Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $59 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 



Supplies:

Dina  Wakley Media Journal

Dina Wakley Collage Collection

Dina Wakley Media Collage Paper Backgrounds

Dina Wakley Collage Paper Faces

Dina Wakley Media Typed Ledgers

Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks 

Dina Wakley Paints - Lemon, Peacock, Magenta, Eggplant

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Countdown die set

Big Shot

Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium

Simon Says Stamp Black cardstock

Simon Says Stamp Glue stick

Simon Says Stamp Craft Tacky  Glue

 

So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous art journalling Maura :-) the bright colors are fabulous and I love the birthday girl with her party hat, very cute :-)

    hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest