Monday, July 25

Back to School


 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Let's Go On Vacation  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

It's been wonderful having Rox of Red Dirt Crafter with us this month sharing her awesome creative talent! I look forward to seeing more in the months ahead!

This week the challenge is: BACK TO SCHOOL

Thankfully where I live, we have at least another month before school starts up again. My son noticed the stores getting their back to school displays ready before they were even out a week. I decided to make a teacher card in our local district colors, red, white and blue.



I decided to just use one image and add a bit of color with markers.


I layered everything, popped the books, and added some black dots to the corners.


I thought the ledger paper would be a fun element, and a big old analog clock like I used to have in my classroom. Funny thing about the clock - it's showing the time school ended. Well, that was really the time extra help began, then planning and grading for a few more hours...but I am retired now, and clocks are not such a controlling part of my life now.


A bit of red and white twine, and the word "possibility" because I believe there is so much possibility in education, for the students and the staff.

You could also interpret this card as it's time to read and there are so many possibilities in books.




As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Schoolhouse Mini Blueprint stamps

Simon Says Stamp Soft  Navy cardstock 

Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red cardstock

Simon Says Stamp Ivory cardstock

Canson watercolor paper

Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Big Chat stickers

Tim Holtz/Idea0ology Gauge Dials

Studio Katia Foam Tape

Altenew Black and White Enamel Dots

3M ATG Tape Runner

Tim Holtz/Tonic Guillotine Paper Trimmer

Simon Says Stamp Black dye ink

Tim Holtz Ground Espresso Distress ink

Ranger Blending Tool

Tombow Markers

Tim Holtz Scissors 

Red and White Twine

                         

So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

1 comment:

  1. Such a fabulous teacher card! I love the colours and how you arranged everything together - perfect 😊. I hope you're having a wonderful summer! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest