Monday, September 12

Halloween Haunts

 

 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Stamp It/STAMPtember Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: DIE CUTS

I had so much fun creating my Halloween Haunts scene in my art journal. 


I began by blending lots of distress oxide inks into the background, and masking the moon.


Next, I layered some stenciled designs over the inked background with paints.


Then, I figured out the placement of my die cuts onto the page. 
(The scarecrow is an older die cut.)
I also inked up the edges, then blended some paint into it too. 



I stamped Simon's Crackle Background over the page. I like how it turned my orange cat into a calico kitty. 
"Eh, what's that you say? Beware the scarecrow?"


Purple and orange sky, purple clouds, and mischievous cats...



I stamped HALLOWEEN across this page and added two halloween tickets, so you and I can both go to the Halloween Haunt!


I added some shading and shadows with a graphite pencil and water brush. I also stamped a blueprint bat on the moon. 


Ready for some haunting?  There's a big moon shining, bats flying, a scarecrow and several mischievous cats. I hope you've enjoyed my take on die cuts this week.




 As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Tim Holtz Scatrctow die cut

Dylusions.Ranger Creative Journal

Tim Holtz Code Layering Stencil

Tim Holtz Moon Masks

Simon Says Stamp Waves Stencil

Simon Says Stamp Fanfare Stencil

Simon Says Stamp Crackle Background stamp

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Odds and Ends stamps

 Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Blueprints CMS 136 stamps

Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Gothic Alphabet stamp set

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks - Rusty Hinge, Crushed Olive, Uncharted Mariner, Cracked Pistachio, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Salted Taffy, Seedless Preserves, Hickory Smoke, Ground Espresso ,Fossilized Amber

Simon Says Stamp Black Dye ink

Dina Wakley Paints - Tangerine, Eggplant, Olive

Simon Says Stamp Orange Peel cardstock

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brushes

Scissors

Waterbrush

Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue

Ranger Distress Sprayer

Graphite pencil

Acrylic stamping blocks 

 

So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest