Monday, October 10

Fall Mood Board

 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Stitch It  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is:  Fall Mood Board

Teamie Zoey created this fabulous fall mood board for this week's challenge! So many lovely images and colors  to jumpstart your creativity for the challenge.


I chose the black, white and orange colors in the photo of the girl with the pumpkin as my inspiration, as well as the fall foliage. The trees are changing every day, and my husband and I have been heading into the Adirondacks to find the best colors. We pack a picnic and our watercolors and head off to search for the oranges, yellows and reds. 

A LITTLE HOCUS POCUS

 

I can't wait to watch the old and new Hocus Pocus movies this  month, so in the meantime, here are a couple black cats, a raven, full moon and falling leaves to get you in the mood. 


I began by brushing white gesso onto my art journal page. Then I added the moon mask and brushed black paint over the page. Once dry, I used the second mask and Distress Hickory Smoke ink to add moon details.


I practiced with the layout of my die cuts, then added orange circles of paints on just by blending with my fingers. I took the end of dowel and added orange dots into the circles. 


I love how the raven and branch are illuminated by the full moon. 


I had to add a bit of black cat mischief with the falling leaves. They are having fun catching them as they fall. I made a lot of these leaves for a previous project and detailed the process here




This cat looks so comfy on the leaf, pointing out the hocus pocus.


A full moon, black cats, colorful leaves...fall is on the way!

Some fall foliage inspiration from the Adirondack Mountains...




...and they are changing around my house too!



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Leaf Fragments Thinlits dies 

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Halloween 2021 Thinlits dies

TIm Holtz/Sizzix Mischievous Thinlits dies

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Moon Masks

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Stamptember 2019 stamp set

Dylusions/Ranger Creative Journal

Dina Wakely White Gesso

Dina Wakely paints - Cheddar, Tangerine, Black

Bearly Art Precision Glue

Simon Says Stamp Black dye ink

Tim Holtz Hickory smoke distress ink

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending tool

Foam Tape

Simon Says Stamp Black card stock

Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway 

Acrylic brush

 


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest