Monday, November 7

Let's Have a Cuppa!

 

 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the Christmas Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

Please join me in welcoming our guest designer Joanne Travis, for the month of November. I'm looking forward to seeing your creative makes Joanne!

This week the challenge is: ART JOURNAL

We are also showcasing the wonderful, quirky products of Dyan Reavely. I love her colorful approach to art and had a lot of fun playing with her teacups! 

HAVE A CUPPA WITH ME?

I do love going out for a special tea day with my sisters, friends, and my mom when she was with us. I am always looking for the best tea shop for a relaxing and pampering tea time. 



I am playing with lots of bright paint colors in my Dylusions Creative Journal. My base layer is warm colors that I scraped on with a palette knife.


Then, I blended in some cool colors with my fingers.


Then a bit of stenciling around the edges...



And somehow, I ended up spritzing Mica spray all over the pages...well, it adds a lovely shimmer and tones it down a bit. 


I decided to stencil a bit more with Ryan's letters stencil down into the main section. I made sure to touch each section to the "frame."


I had previously stamped and colored a whole bunch of teacups and bags, so now I just had to cut them out and figure out placement.


I hand lettered "have a cuppa with me? across the pages with black and white paint pens.



Colorful details...






I had lots of fun with all the bright colors and quirky teacups in my art journal. I almost forgot the Dylusions washi tape I got just for this make - thankfully i remembered it the next day!  Hope you've enjoyed it too,  and are inspired to head to your art journal and join us!




As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Dylusions Creative 8x8 Journal 

Dyan Reavely Fancy A Cuppa stamp set

Dylusions Black Washi Tape

Dylusions Honeycomb Small Stencil

Dylusions Old School Alpha Small Stencil

Dina Wakely Acrylic Paints - Lemon, Magenta, Lime, Tangerine, Blushing, Turquoise, Lapis, Apricot

Tim Holtz Harvest Moon Mica Spray

Watercolor pencils

Simon Says Stamp Black Dye ink

Bearly Art Precision Glue

Canson Watercolor paper

Palette Knife

Tim Holtz scissors

Foam Tape

Dylusions Paint Pens - Black, White


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


1 comment:

  1. I love this colorful creation, Maura. It made me happy just looking at it!
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest