Monday, October 31

Retro Christmas



 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Home Decor Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

 We've had a wonderful month with our guest designer, Lori E. Kennedy! Thanks for sharing your lovely creations with us Lori!

This week the challenge is: CHRISTMAS

BELIEVE! 

It's always fun to create  a bit of magic for the holidays!



I'm using one of the Tim Holtz square vignette boxes and some hand painted papers I recently made. (Tip: If you have pads or pieces of patterned paper you aren't using, you can always paint on them in fun designs and let a bit of the original paper peek through.) I painted and doodled on mine, and cut them to fit.


 I went into my stash, and found bits and bobs from Tim Holtz ephemera and some other things to use.



I deconstructed a Christmas card from last year to add the snowman. I popped up the pieces two or three times to create dimension.


And, I had to add a bit of frosty glitter! I used the Simon Says Stamp Unicorn confetti, which also adds a touch of color. 


I like the mix of retro pink, greens, and turquoise  with some of the more traditional colors.


It's fun to add elements to the top and sides of the box too, to add more interest and dimension. 


Now, I have a fun little home decor piece for the holidays or to gift to a friend. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are creating for Christmas or the holidays! 



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Christmas Ephemera Pack

Tim Holtz Idea=ology Square Vignette Boxes

Tim Holtz Cozy Christmas  stamp set 

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Plaquettes

Beacon 3 in 1 Glue

Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue

Simon Says Stamp Unicorn Confetti 

Foam Tape

Scissors

Tim Holtz Guillotine Trimmer

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Woodland Tree Lot

hand painted papers


                                           So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura


Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas decoration Maura! the bright colors are fabulous and I love all of the details :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest