Monday, December 19

Winter Solstice Star Party!

 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  TAG IT Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

It's been wonderful having Natasha of Natasha's Colorful Creations create along with us for December! Thanks so much for sharing your unique style with us, Natasha.

This week the challenge is: PARTY TIME! (A two week challenge)

Welcome to the final challenge of 2022 - Party Time! 

So, come on over, we are having a Winter Solstice Star Party!!  December 21 is the shortest day/longest night of the year. Let's celebrate the return of the Sun, rebirth and renewal amidst the glorious sparkle of the stars across the universe!


I decided to head to my art journal and play with the theme of Winter Solstice, party and stars. I began by brushing on Eggplant and Lapis, smearing it across the pages. Then, I added white and swiped that across to create my night sky. 


I splattered white across the background to make stars. Tip - I like the save the brown bags that come with Simon's card kits and use them for messy painting and splatter backgrounds. 


I cut out a wonky circle, added glue and metallic flakes and set this aside to dry. 


I used my new deckle trimmer to go around this beautiful page from Stamperia, and across the bottom of my die cuts. I decided to make a crescent moon and stars, instead of a full moon.


On the opposing page, I stamped my words...I think they fit the star party theme, don't you? I added a sprinkling of hand cut, wonky stars around it.


Moon and stars detail...


I used my Diecember Little Evergreen Trees die, to add across the scene to create more depth. I carried it beyond, and across the other page to tie them together. I added a bit of sparkle to the snow below the trees with Pixie Dust.


Tree detail...


May the stars shine brightly upon you as we celebrate this Winter Solstice!


We had a lot of snow over the weekend, creating a beautiful winter landscape...and lots of snow shoveling and blowing. Looks like it will be white Christmas here! 

Wishing you and yours a holiday season of joy, love, peace, and health! See you in 2023!!



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 

Supplies:

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bold Tidings 1 stamp set

Stamperia Winter Tales 6x6 paper pack

Simon Says Stamp Little Evergreen Trees die

Dina Wakley paints - Eggplant, Lapis and White 

Prima Metallic Steampunk Flakes

Dylusions Creative Journal 8x8

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated ink - Orchid

Ink3 Liquid Pixie Dust

Tim Holtz Deckle Edge Trimmer

Tim Holtz Splatter Brush 

Bearly Art Precision Glue

Tim Holtz Mini Snips

Canson Watercolor paper

Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway

Prima Silicone Large brush

Prima Silicone Small Brush

Ranger Mister Bottle


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest