Monday, August 21

Delicious Drinks


 

 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Your Favorite Technique  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: DELICIOUS DRINKS

Are you looking for a cool, refreshing, and FUN drink this summer? How about a Bubble Tea? 


I was inspired by Tim Holtz's Bubbles stamp to make my bubble tea. I stamped it in mocha so it would look like tea, although bubble tea comes in a myriad of flavors. To create my striped straw, I swiped ink diagonally across the watercolor paper with the blending brush.


I did an ink smooshed background on the tag. I began with the light color, dried it a bit, and went in with the darker color. I wanted a contrast to the bubble tea image, but in retrospect I think I would have chosen different colors for the background. 


I sketched my straw and glass over the inked areas with a Fine Point Sharpie. This time I used the big girl scissors to cut out my sketched images. The longer blade works better for long straight lines. 


To create a look of colorful bubbles in the tea, I blended ink into the bubbles with the tip of the blending brush. (This might be a good place to use the detail brushes if you have them.) I used a cutting blade to cut two lines into the glass so I could fit the straw in.


I decided I needed to pull the background together with the tea, so added some bit dots of mocha.


Then, I found these acrylic pop up circles in my stash and thought they would add to the bubble idea.


I used an alphabet stamp set to write out bubble tea, and cut the strips to add to the tag. 


Here you can see how I fit the straw into the drink.


I also added Glossy Accents to several bubbles in the tea for more dimension.


I'm having fun sketching some of my own pieces lately. And I love popping it all up on this Funky tag from Studio Light. (Confession - I think I have all of Marlene's tags to play with, I love them!)

Time to enjoy some bubble tea!


MINT TEA

Are you looking for a refreshing summer drink? I've been brewing my own mint tea all summer. I grow the mint in containers on my deck. (If you plant it in the ground, it will take over.)

Cut a handful of mint leaf stalks, put them in a container (I use a big ole pickle jar, well cleaned) and pour boiling water over the leaves. I like to add a smidge of demerara sugar, Let steep about 10 - 15 minutes, remove the leaves, cool, then refrigerate. Add ice, and a sprig of mint, then enjoy!




 



 







 

As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the

                                                      fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 

Supplies:

Art by Marlene Funky tags

Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Bubbles stamp

Simon Says Stamp Irregular Dots stencil

Foam tape

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brushes

Canson Watercolor paper

Black Fine Sharpie

Simon Says Stamp Everyday Scissors

Tim Holtz Ground Espresso ink

Simon Says Stamp Black Dye ink

Ranger Glossy Accents

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks - Citrine, Aegean, Mocha, Orchid, Sweets, Pucker

Clear Acrylic dimensional Circles

Heat It Tool

Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat

Alphabet stamp set (similar to)

3M Tape Glider

Craft Knife



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest