Monday, August 28

Sparkle and Shine

 

 


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Delicious Drinks Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

It's been wonderful having Carrie with us this month. I am sure you have enjoyed her amazing creations as much as I have! I'm looking forward to seeing more, Carrie! 

This week the challenge is: SPARKLE AND SHINE

I craft so hard I sweat glitter... 

I have really been enjoying working with products from Studio Light Art by Marlene . She has such a fun and funky creative style! Her tags have quickly become a favorite surface to work on (as you may have noticed, lol!)

I started with some ink smooshing and speeded up the drying time with the Heat It tool. I am just not very patient waiting for things to dry.  


Next step is to stencil in some bubbles with Simon's Cadette blue Pawsitively Saturated ink. I love the small blending brushes from Simon Says Stamp for this! 

To add lots of sparkle and shine, I dabbed Simon's Craft Glue across the tag in certain areas, then applied the sequin glitter. 

I like the dimension it adds too. 

When I saw this quote from Marlene, I knew it would be perfect for this week! When we use glitter and it ends up everywhere, don't we feel like it's coming out of our pores? 

Marlene's Out of This World Paper Elements have some glitter on them too, and they are just so fun! 

Kind of a clown, kind of a witch...whatever this blue guy is, he's cute! 

Get out your sparkly and shiny bits this week and come join the fun!.I look forward to seeing your sparkly creations! 


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Art by Marlene Out of this World Glitter Paper Elements 

Studio Light Funny Paper Tags

Art by Marlene Sticky Quotes

Simon Says Stamp In The Round stencil

Foam Tape 

Simon  Says Stamp Craft Tacky Glue

Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat

Bearly Art Precision Glue

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brush Twilight

Tim Holtz Sprayer

Heat it Tool

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks - Cadette and Citrine

Simon Says Stamp Gilded Sequins


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest