Monday, September 18


 

 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to anor week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  TAKE FLIGHT  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?

Anyone who knows me, knows my favorite color is GREEN! As far back as I remember, green has always been my favorite. I think it came from my love of nature and always wanting to be outside as a child.Don't get me wrong, I LOVE color, all colors (well, most...) but green has always been my color.

What's your favorite color? Has it always been the same, or has it changed?


I began with a Studio Light tag (Fantasy). I am having so much fun with these tags. I began with some ink smooshing. 

 Next, I blended a darker green onto the tag using Simon's Floating Leaves stencil and a small blending brush.

I wanted to add a bit more green and texture, so stenciled Tim Holtz's  Code stencil with Dina Wakley Evergreen paint. 

Detail... 

Time to grunge up the edges of the tag... 

 I chose some Paper Elements from Studio Light for my tag. I love this saying...Stay close to people who feel like sunshine. I picked out some natural elements, some in greens and of course, I had to add some other lovely colors.

Who doesn't love a party bird? 

I feel like the woman is a nature girl, with her greens and flowers. 

 Feel like GREEN sunshine!


Why not come play in this week's challenge and share your favorite color? We would love to see your creations! 


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Studio Light Paper Elements

Studio Light Fantasy Tag

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks - Limelicious, Fairway

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brushes

Simon Says Stamp Floating Leaves stencil

Tim Holtz Code stencil

Dina Wakley Evergreen Acrylic paint

Tim Holtz Ground Espresso distress ink

Tim Holtz/Ranger Round Blender

Wendy Vecchi Craft Sheet

Bearly Art Precision Glue

Foam Tape

 


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest