Monday, October 30

Thinking of You



 

 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  SPOOKY Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

It's been wonderful this month having TWO guest designers with us! I am sure you have enjoyed the amazing creations from Teresa and Gitta as much as I have! 

This week the challenge is: THINKING OF YOU

I was inspired to play with orange and blue this week. Maybe it's the changing leaves and blue skies that had me seeking out this color combination. 


I began by creating an ombre background with the inks and blending brushes. 


I splattered water over the background, then lifted with a paper towel.  I decided to carry the citrine all the way down afterwards to bring it all together. 


I stamped the images onto the background. I wanted teal, and the Aegean worked well.

 
I dipped Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks into water, then blended around the main image, hoping it would make it pop


Once dry, I went in and added a bit of glitter gel pen work. Then I splattered the card with gold gouache using the Tim Holtz Splatter brush.


The addition of the popped flowers was inspired by a big gold blob that detracted from the image because it was in the wrong place. Funny how mistakes can transform your work.
I decided to add a bit more sparkle with some sequins, and Simon's Reverse Tweezers work really well with placing tiny things.

I love these folk-art inspired designs.



Ombre style Thinking of You card




As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Simon Says Stamp Happy Hello stamp set

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brushes

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks - Aegean, Citrine, Grapefruit, Pucker 

Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks

Glitter Gel Pens

Tim Holtz Acrylic Grid Blocks

Scrapbook Adhesives foam tape

Tim Holtz Splatter Brush

TIm Holtz Distress Sprayer

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Simon Says Stamp Reverse Tweezers

Bearly Art Precision Glue 

Neenah Solar White paper

Sequins

Gold Gouache

 


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest