Monday, November 6

Grunge It Up



 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  THINKING OF YOU  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

Since it's the first of the month, we are also showcasing the wonderful products of Carabelle Studio this week.

Please join me in welcoming this month's guest designer, Anita Rao!

This week the challenge is: GRUNGE IT UP

The most precious things of life are near at hand 


Isn't this a great stamp from Carabelle Studio for backgrounds? I love the mix of text, numbers, and doodled circles. I started by stamping directly into the journal, but it didn't go so well. I looked through my stash of handmade papers and found this one. I use the paper bags that come with the Simon Says Stamp card kits when I paint or spray. I also wipe off extra paint, add designs and make something totally new. I stamped the art journal stamp over my paper, and ripped around the edges.

Meanwhile, I added texture to the sides of the page with texture paste and the Tim Holtz Ringer stencil. 

I decided to cut out the circles in the stamped design and lay it over the previously stamped image in the journal.  

I used collage medium to adhere the paper to the journal. I kept the cut circles and added them around the design.

To connect the circles in the design with those on the textured edges, I used a bottle cap and black paint to add more circles. 


Now, it's time to find a focal point. I went to my Tim Holtz paper dolls and pulled this one out of a mother and child.

  Then, this chip quote said, "yes, I fit perfectly here." 

Lots of grungy texture... 



I love this mix of grungy colors with hints of orange and turquoise.  

And, yes, coat and hat weather is returning here. I am fighting putting on shoes and socks again, I'm just not ready to bundle up yet. 


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Carabelle Studio Dans Mon Art Journal stamp

Tim Holtz Ringer Layering Stencil

Tim Holtz Quote Chips Labels

Tim Holtz Paper Dolls (similar)

Ranger Dylusions 8x8 Creative Journal

Tim Holtz Opaque Texture Paste

Simon Says Stamp Black Dye ink

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Tim Holtz Collage Medium

Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints - Turquoise, Syrup, Umber, Black

Paper from my stash 

Round mark making tool (cap)

Stabilo Aquarelle pencil 

Heat It tool 

Acrylic Paint Brush

Palette Knife


 

So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest