Monday, January 15

Sparkle and Shine

 

 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  THINGS WITH WHEELS  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: SPARKLE AND SHINE

I was inspired by the beauty of the tree silhouettes in winter and the sparkle of the snow to create a trio of tree themed ATC's. 


I die cut several trees with Simon's Holographic Rainbow and black papers.


I wanted to build up a rainbow of color, so began with warm colors first, dabbing paint on in random patches.


I followed with the cool colors.


Then, toned the brightness down with white paint. I wiped it back with a baby wipe to keep come color coming through.


Adding another layer with stencils and paint...


I have shine with the holographic paper, but I also wanted to add sparkle. I laid a Tim Holtz stencil down over the ATC, rubbed a glue stick over it, lifted the stencil, then sprinkled on the Unicorn Confetti. (be sure to clean the stencil right away before the flue dries)


Once the sparkle dried, I glued the trees in place. I love the Bearly Art Precision Glue for the intricate details. Use the fine tip and it works beautifully.


I stamped sime words from Seth Apter and cut a few out to add to the ATC's with foam squares.


A bit of a black edge with the Intense Black, and everything is in place for my ATC's.


Wander amongst the trees, be in awe of their beauty and wonder about the life of each tree and what it has experienced in its lifetime. Every tree tells a story!

As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Paper Rose Abstract Trees metal die

Seth Apter  Paper Artsy EM66

Simon Says Stamp Medium Dots Stencil

Tim Holtz Flurries stencil

Simon Says Stamp White and Black cardstock

Simon Says Stamp Holographic Rainbow paper

Simon Says Stamp Craft Glue Stick

Simon Says Stamp Foam Squares

Simon Says Stamp Everyday Scissors

Simon Says Stamp Unicorn Confetti

Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink

Bearly Art Precision Glue

,Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints - white, tangerine, magenta, lemon, peacock, blackberry, lime 

Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat

Big Shot

Ranger Heat It Tool

cosmetic sponge

baby wipes


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest