Monday, January 8

Things With Wheels


 

 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  A NEW START Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too. 

This week the challenge is: THINGS WITH WHEELS

I am fascinated with Gypsy Wagons. I love the bright colors and how everything fits into a small tidy space... maybe these are the original Tiny House! I think the idea of a nomadic lifestyle appeals to me too, although maybe not in year long journeys. I do love exploring new places and traveling, and always thought I had a bit of gypsy in me - a romantic idea, right? well, at least in my mind. 

I was intrigued with this Carriage Dwelling stamp from Lavinia and knew I could have some fun with it. One of my new favorite black inks is Simon Says Stamp's Intense Black, it gives a very rich black color to your work. 

I began by stamping a trio of wagons onto a strip of watercolor paper.  

Then, the fun begins! I painted each wagon in a different color story
 using watercolor.  

I pulled some color from the wheels to create the ground shadow. 

I painted in the sky, and once everything was dry, I doodled a frame around the paper. My final step was to handwrite "just rolling along" under the wagons. 

 The caravan is rolling through on a journey to new and wonderful places. Time for a caravan adventure!

CARAVAN ADVENTURES


What would you create with wheels? Head to your stash and create a make and share it with us this week. I look forward to seeing what you create!


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Lavinia Stamps Carriage Dwelling 

Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink

Simon Says Stamp White Slimline Card

Canson Watercolor Paper

Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer

Simon Says Stamp Yellow Slimline Envelope

Zig Kuretake Watercolors

Watercolor Brush

Black pen

Simon Says Stamp Glue Stick



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest