Monday, September 23

Monochrome


 


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  NOT A CARD  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: MONOCHROME

I don't know about you, but for some reason, I find it hard to create using a monochromatic theme. I had to refresh what monochrome meant,  and in very simple terms, it seems it is choosing one color, and adding black or white to it. I chose to center around Lapis for my card.

BLUE PLAID HELLO


I began with Lapis, Black and White acrylic paints, and painted alternating stripes down the watercolor paper. Then, I turned in sideways and repeated this step.\ with a lighter blue. 

To refine my plaid, I went in with some paint markers and made thinner stripes of clues. I think this gives it more definition. 


I chose the section I liked the best and cut it to fit the card. I die cut the "hello" from Simo Says Stamp, and added some blue feathers from Tim Holtz. 


I doodled a bit of faux stitching around the front, and added a plaid panel inside the card.  


Well, challenge met! I was able to work in a monochrome color story. I think I may be resistant to doing this because I love colors so much, and want to add them all, LOL!I think this makes a great masculine card to send out, or perfect for someone who loves blues. 





As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints - Lapis, Black, White

Simon Says Stamp Scripty Hello die

Tim Holtz Sizzix Feathery die

Simon Says Stamp White, Sunflower Blue , Island Bluecardstock

Watercolor paper

 Bearly Art Precision Glue

Blue Gelly Roll pen

Black pen

Dina Wakley Media Brush

Paper Trimmer

Big Shot

 



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest