Monday, October 14

Fall Mood Board: Books and Botanicals

 


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  USE PATTERNED PAPER Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.


Use this fabulous mood board, created by Macarena to inspire you this week! 



 

This week the challenge is: FALL MOOD BOARD

I've pulled out some color elements, books, glasses, cup, leaves.... 


I stamped , colored, and fussy cut a few images to use


I've been collecting leaves this fall and making watercolor prints with them. Apply a light (not watery) layer of watercolor onto the back of the leaf and press onto the paper. Some leaves give more detail if they have good ridges. 


I began layering my images onto the leaf print background.


I worked on watercolor paper, but wanted to put it into one of my many art journals. I decided to stencil a border around the page to help it blend better with my collage.


I decided to add Autumn Mood flowing out of the pen image. 


I had fun combining images of cups (c coffee for me please), books and botanicals.  The cool, cozy days are perfect for curling up with a good book. 


I had to add in the wire rim glasses like Macarena put into the mood board. I also decided to add a pen, because this started to remind me of a writer's Victorian study. 


Botanicals and bell jars...


BOOKS AND BOTANICALS


 



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

AALL and Create  Hot Drinks stamps

AALL and Create The Story Never Ends

Prima Nature Academia Ephemera

Simon Says Stamp Floating Leaves stencil

Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Paprika and Royal inks

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brushes

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Tim Holtz Ground Espresso ink

Ranger Dylusions 8x8 journal

Canson watercolor paper

Daniel Smith Watercolors - Sap Green, Quinacridone Purple,  Yellow Ochre,  Quinacridone Red,  Permanent Orange, Phthalo Turquoise

Watercolor brush

Bearly Art Precision Glue 

Colored pencils 

Black Archival pen

Simon Says Stamp Foam Squares


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest