Saturday, October 12

Sweet Wishes Blog Hop



Be sure to use code on the graphic above to get your free gift! Follow directions above. Offer until 10/13/24 while supplies last. 

Welcome to the Sweet Wishes Blog Hop 2!


I am using the brand new SPARKLE STRANDS stamp from the release. When my eye saw this stamp, I saw a landscape, and that is what my project today reflects. 

I began by stamping the image onto watercolor paper, then painted the scene with watercolor paint. This shot shows the transition from land to sky. I can't decide if the purple are distant mountains or the sky.

I tried to follow the strands as I painted to get some lovely color variation. 




I added some gold stars to the night sky...


I turned bits of the design into tiny doodled tress...



Beautiful green fields and sky...I did go in with colored pencils to add more depth to the color.


A few words... A Beautiful World...


I softened the edges of the stamped image and love how the colors represent land and sky, near and far.
This has turned out to be a very versatile stamp. I do have cards that I shared that use it in a more traditional way, and more adventurous approaches. 


I thought I would also share the cards I made for the release...you may have seen these on the reveal...

You can definitely make the strands sparkle and turn into a beautiful holiday card, or look at it like a flowing ocean, or make it retro. (see my cards from the release)

Leave a comment on this post and be eligible for a $25 gift certificate from Simon Says Stamp! Be sure to comment on each blog for more chances to win!! Winners will be posted on Simon's blog on Weds. October 16.




Check out all the amazing creations on each blog on the hop!!



Be sure to also check out yesterday's blog hop for more inspiration!

If you create with the new Sweet Wishes release, be sure to add your creation link to the gallery HERE
You can add a link to any of the Simon Says Stamp galleries and share your work

SUPPLIES:









Tim Holtz Big Chat stickers





60 comments:

  1. So colorful!
    Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design! It needs to be hung on your wall and framed. It's art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your card. It's so great when you see something you didn't see... if that makes sense. What a great way to use this stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! You have an artist eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I've been eyeing that stamp, and now I know for sure that I need it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever use of a stamp. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So playful, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doggonit! I told myself not to buy any more stamps this year, but your watercolor convinced me to order the stamp. I hope it gets here soon! Love what you did with it especially because I would not have thought of using the stamp this way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing! I just love the structure of the sparkle strand used with the watercolor backgrounds and the sweet little tree details! I would frame one or more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! So Beautiful!!! Love how creatively you used this stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtaking! Your creativity is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maura, since my high school Alma Mater sings, "Purple Mountains Majesty" as one of the lines in homage to our surrounding mountains of the lower High Sierra Nevada range, I definitely see the purple mountains!! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! I would never have thought of doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely artistic cards to show how great it is to play with color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific creativity. Thanks for the multiple ideas for this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How clever to turn this stamp into hills and make a delightful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love what you created! So clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So creative and original!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hollycew@sbcglobal.netOctober 12, 2024 at 2:15 PM

    What a unique way to use this stamp! Something I would never have thought of! I love it! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous way to use that stamp! Truly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great card! So beautiful and creative. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the way you think! Love the card, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved the creativity of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anna Hathaway KnoblochOctober 12, 2024 at 5:13 PM

    This is beautiful. Such a unique way to use this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What vibrant colors. Each card pops with color.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an interesting way to use the Sparkle stamp. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Your creativity is beyond! I would never have thought to look use this way you did. However, now I will be looking at lol my stamps, stencils, etc in a whole new way. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love these cards!! The colors are wonderful! What a fabulous way to use this stamp. Thanks for sharing your amazing tips and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have such a way with color. Beautifully done.
    Lynn Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very artsy. I like the ones with a limited number of colors, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So nice to see this background stamp used in such a different way! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love how you used this stamp. Now I really want to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fabulous card! Love your notes and tips! Vikki Hein

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a gorgeous way to use that stamp set! So very clever! Awesome take on it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your images show a wonderful interpretation of this stamp design. Love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the scene you created! Very creative way to use the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Interesting interpretation for this design, I can see where you are going with it. i see something completely different..interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Marisela Delgado said: Very beautiful. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Clever. Creative. Love this! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wonderful take for the set! I like the idea of the purple mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This really caught my eye! I love it! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous piece of art! Thanks for sharing the process!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the use of sparkling strands and your vision seeing hills. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  45. It is great to see your use of color and the cards you created!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Terrific use of the new background.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful card, love the way you used the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am so impressed and inspired. I love how you use the stamp and the colors are amazing. I’ve got to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh this is beautiful, love the watercolor

    ReplyDelete
  50. I've got to try this, thanks for sharing. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest