Monday, October 7

Sassy Pants

 


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Christmas/Winter Card  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

We are showcasing STAMPERIA this week, since it is the beginning of the month. Stamperia has quickly become one of my favorite companies with their beautiful designs.

Please join me in welcoming Alison Bomber back as our guest designer for the month of October. If you have not yet seen Alison's amazing creativity, you are in for a treat! 

This week the challenge is: USE PATTERNED PAPER

Put on your SASSY PANTS and seize the day!! 


When I have paint leftover from projects, I will often swipe it onto some pages in an art journal to use later. Well, later has come for these pages. This practice helps when you have the "blank page syndrome" , you know when that page stares at you and you have no idea where to begin. 


I added peacock paint using the Simon Says Stamp Grid stencil.


Next, I used gold gouache with the dot stencil.


Now, it's time to collage on some of Stamperia's Klimt collection. I tore strips and added circles.


I scribbled around the circles with a Sharpie, and doodled circles. 


Now, to pull this together, I added some "whitewash". Add white paint and rub it over the page and wipe back if it covers too much. Once that dried, I stamped some shapes with ink using React Scott's mark making stamps.


I hand lettered my phrase "Put on your sassy pants and seize the day"


I fussy cut the women, glued then down and added a shadow with a Stabilo pencil and water brush. 


I doodled a bit on her dress to bring out some of the pattern.


I doodled a bit on the flowers and stars here...


I also took the black ink pad and swiped around the pages to create a border.


Quite the transformation thanks to the Stamperia papers! Get out your patterned papers and create along with us this week. 





As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Stamperia Klimt Background papers

Stamperia Klimt collection papers

Simon Says Stamp Grid stencil

Simon Says Stamp In The Round stencil

Paper Artsy Tracy Scott TS085 stamps

Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink

Simon Says Stamp Everyday Scissors

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brush

Dina Wakley Peacock and White Acrylic Paint

Bearly Art Precision Glue

water brush

Gold Pen

Black Sharpie

Stabilo Aquarelle pencil

Dylusions Large Creative Journal (similar)

Acrylic Paint Markkers

Gold Gouache

 



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


1 comment:

  1. Wow - such fabulous layers in your amazing mixed media page spread - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest