Monday, September 21

Make Your Own Background


 

 

 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Transport It  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND

Grow Your Own Life

...surround yourself with the people and things you love 


I began my background by stamping the Simon Says Stamp Old Letter stamp and Pepita Background stamp onto the tag. 

Next, I did some ink smooshing with Simon's Ocean and Terracotta inks, plus tim Holtz's Ground Espresso ink. I like this mix to create a rusty background. 


Next up, I layered white paint over the tag using the Flourish stencil by Tim Holtz. Below is a rusty, stamped background, and above, an elegant flourish 


I added this lovely grouping of friends... 


,,,and some Stamperia die cuts. I like the idea of growing your life. It makes it feel organic and full of possibility. 


GROW YOUR LIFE TAG 




As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Simon Says Stamp Pepita Background stamp

Dina Wakley Media Tag 

Simon Says Stamp Nocturne ink

Simon Says Stamp Ocean ink

Simon Says Stamp Terracotta ink

Tim Holtz Ground Espresso ink

Tim Holtz Blending Brush

Ranger Mister Bottle

Dina Wakley White Acrylic paint

Tim Holtz Flourish stencil

Tim Holtz Group Paper Dolls

Stamperia New Beginnings Die Cuts

Big Momma Foam Tape

Silicon mat


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest