Monday, September 28

Simon Says Use More Than One Stencil


 

 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.


It's been wonderful having Debbie Emmons with us this month as our guest designer. I always love seeing her wonderful creations.   

This week the challenge is: USE MORE THAN ONE STENCIL

Here I am thinking of fall as the days shorten, and there is a chill in the air at night. I decided on autumn colors of browns, orange and blue for the tag, and began with some ink smooshing. 


First stencil layer is In The Round with Terracotta ink at the base of the tag. My idea is to create an underground feel to this part. 


Above, to get in a bit of sky feel, is some blue ink with the Fanfare stencil. 


This is a great little texture stencil, and I added it to my "underground" area of the tag. 


A favorite older stencil went on top - Leaves, with two layers of paint to try to get a shadow effect. 


Of course, I added mushrooms! I just love the variety of this species. And, I stamped a fun bird and heart too. 


I drew in black squiggly lines to imitate both the surface and roots. I stamped fearless and popped that up after I added some white splatter. 


Details... 





Be Fearless and go on a trek in the autumn woods - you never know what treasures you will find! 





As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Simon Says Stamp In The Round stencil

Simon Says Stamp Fanfare stencil

Simon Says Stamp Leaves stencil

Tracy Evans Quirky Birds stamps

Tracy Evans On The Wild Side stamps

Tracy Evans Bubbles stamps

Dina Wakley Meida Tag

Dina Wakley Acrylic Pant - White, Cheddar, and Umber

Simon Says Stamp Nocturne ink

Simon Says Stamp Ocean and Terracotta inks

Tim Holtz Ground Espresso ink

Ranger Mister Bottle

Ranger Heat It Tool

Simon Says Stamp Foam Squares

Simon Says Stamp White Splatter

Black Fineliner

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brushes


 



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning Maura! I love all that texture and the great color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest