Saturday, August 29

The Start of It All - Part 2

I love Sheila's story on how she got started in stamping and scrapbooking, so I thought I would share mine. I have memories of crafting from a very early age - sitting outside drawing, making "ink" from natural materials - then crafting with my girlfriend, Jerilyn in high school. We used to make things like jewelry, hand drawn cards, and leather purses and sell at the local craft fairs. If I came across a new craft idea, chances are, I would try it. Somehow college, work and family seemed to interfere in my craft sphere, so it kind of fell by the wayside for many years.

Luckily for me, in the 90's, Sheila kept sending me these hand stamped cards, and finally talked me into trying stamping. I think I talked my husband into it by telling him how much money I would save on cards by making my own! Well, we ALL know how that one goes.... I loved stamping and finding new techniques to try, so when Sheila again said "you should really try scrapbooking" I resisted for several years as I was happy with my stamping. Well, once she finally talked me into a scrapbook project, my life has not been the same since - and the rest, as they say, is history!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest