Saturday, September 26

Gift Card Holders

Maura is celebrating Captured Moment's 5 Year Anniversary at their 15 hour crop today. A heartfelt congratulations to Tara and Tiffany on their store's anniversary! I have had the pleasure of visiting their store when in NY and it is hands down one of the best stores around. And nothing compares to the monthly crops that they put on. No detail is overlooked by these two! Just shows what two sisters can do!

Since I could not be there in person today, I told Maura that I would be with her in spirit. I put on a pot of the Sister's Crafting Coffee that arrived at my doorstep yesterday from her (such a nice surprise!) and decided to mass produce some gift card holders for my project.

First, I cut out all the individual parts that I would need. I decided to make these with a Birthday theme. Who doesn't like a gift card for their birthday? Plus, my neighbor's and mother's birthdays are this week, so these will come in handy for me!



I added two little brads on the inside pocket for a bit of interest. I think it adds a nice detail. Look how nicely a gift card fits inside.



I ran the front cover piece through my Cuttlebug, added a bit of color to it, paper pieced the cupcake, added a bit of glitter to the candles and topped it off with a pearl!



I plan to make some Thank You and Get Well versions also. Then perhaps some Holiday ones. I really like personalizing a gift card with these easy holders.

3 comments:

  1. Sheila - love the gift card holders and nice to have you cropping with us in spirit. It was a fabulous crop and I'll be posting soon about it. Tara and Tiffany do such a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila - love the gift card holders! Did you stamp the cupcakes & candles? Inquiring minds want to know what you used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheree, Thank you! I used a Hero Arts birthday themed acrylic set that had the cupcakes and the candles.I stamped the cupcakes on patterned papers and cut the tops off so that I could mix and match. The candles were stamped on white and colored in with a bit of glitter on the flame. So glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest