Monday, September 6

Altered Notebooks

One of the projects I have been working on lately is altering these little notebooks Sheila and I found on sale. I think we both bought up a ton of them to alter.

I've been taking them apart to add some inserts using my Zutter Bind it All, with tabs, and to do the covers. It is a great way to use up some of that paper in your stash! I enjoy finding charms, flowers, ribbons, buttons...to complete the book. These may or may not make it into the fall craft show!

On the "Parisian" themed notebook I tried out some of the new Tim Holtz clear distress crackle paint. I painted it over the words, and I really like the texture it added.

One of the things I love about doing these is that they are quick. It is not like trying to put an entire album together from scratch. I also like how each little notebook is unique.

Next time you are out shopping, take a look at the items on sale, and try to imagine how you might alter them. You would be surprised at how this changes your outlook on shopping!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest