Wednesday, November 3

Perfect Card for Someone Far Away


I challenged myself to try something new with this card.  Stampin Up came out with some new paper that is white, with a design embossed into it.  I played with my inks to create the background papers. The backgrounds are created using the "direct to paper" technique with the ink.  All you do is apply the ink directly to the paper itself.  I varied where I placed the colors, and did some blending with a sponge, and yes, even my fingers, which made each one unique.

The "sky" background on the right was created using Tim Holtz Distress inks - "tumbled glass" and "chipped sapphire".  I love how it looks like a stormy sky or night coming on. The "autumn" one on the left is using some Stampin Up inks - "dusty durango", "crumb cake", and Tim Holtz's "spiced marmalade" distress ink. This one just gives me that feel of the autumn leaves and changing colors.

The car design, I stamped twice.  The one on the bottom has two eyelets to make it more like wheels, and then I cut and layered a second car on top and popped it out to give it some dimension.  Finally, I finished the card off with the stamped saying.

I had a lot of fun trying out some new techniques!

Materials:  white paper, Stampin Up paper and inks, Tim Holtz distress inks, eyelets, car - Art Impressions, words - Verses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest