Wednesday, December 8

Fabric Swirls




Here is another idea for using fabric.  At first when I created my fabric flowers, I thought I was going to use several on the cover of my December Daily, but felt it was a bit overwhelming for the size of the album I was working with. 

I started playing around with the idea of making fabric swirls.  All I did was cut a long strip (total length will determine how large the swirl will be), about a half to an inch in width, and started to twist it and coil.  As I coiled the fabric, periodically I added a bit of glue (I used the 3 in 1 glue again for this) to keep the shape together.  When done, check it over to see if you need to add a bit more glue in any place.

Here is a view of the four that I made using different fabrics.  You can see each one is unique.  It doesn't matter if they are not perfect - you can see that mine
are not - personally, I think it adds to the handcrafted look.

Your fabric swirls are ready to use as embellishments on a page or album cover, or to create into something unique.  Play around with the fabric you have in your stash to see what you can create!

1 comment:

  1. http://store.inspirationemporium.com/alterations.htm

    Thid is the site I was telling you about.

    Love the fabric flowers
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest