Sunday, January 29

First Challenge Project by Sheila

Remember this I found in my Christmas package from Maura?
Well, the time has come to share our projects.

For my first project, I worked with plain wooden clothespins and Distress Inks. I pulled the clothespins apart and inked them with Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Barn Door and Spiced Marmalade.
I rubbed off the wet ink with a paper towel to get more of a faded, distressed look to them.

Then I inked up the rubber stamp with black ink.
And then I carefully placed the clothespins on top of the inked stamp right next to each other and pressed down. (This is why I took them apart. On my first attempt the little metal parts jutted out too far and messed me up).
Then I carefully removed them and this is the result.
You can add magnets to the back and use them as little note holders on your fridge or file cabinet but I like these as little note stands. You could also display a little photo in one.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it, LOVE it, LOve it!!! What a totally creative idea, Sheila! The colors you chose for the clothespins just pop, and what a great idea to lay them down all at once on the stamp (I don't know if I would have thought of that!). It gives you the option of using them individually (which looks fab) or all together. I would definitely give this project an A!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest